Phone call received this morning from a registrar at Addenbrookes, cancelling Hubby operation. So we have been waiting, struggled in fact for six months on a waiting list for this operation to have it cancelled. We have been given a few excuses.
Excuse # 1 : because we asked for extra measures to help us get Hubby to the hospital, via the ambulance. He probably needs a diazipam injection and extra monitoring for the journey. Due to his spasticity / pain etc.
Excuse #2: he missed his pre assessment examination, because I couldn't let him be up in his chair for 7 hours straight, he was particularly ill last week. Woke up with shivers, pain etc.I have been alternating between bed and chair on a 2-3 hourly basis since last week, through a 24 hour period. Why didn't they discuss this last week, find a safe way to transport him to the hospital, then keep him in until his op.
WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO DO IN THIS COUNTRY TO GET THE MEDICAL HELP YOU NEED ?